- Sound governance
- Financial well being
- Fiscal prudence
- Creation of new careers and employment for Haida people
- Sound stewardship and recognition of inherent limit
- A safe and healthy working environment
The Haida have a well-established concept of respect referred to as Yah’guudang that encompasses all things and this concept is extended to HaiCo to:
- Ensure the land and waters function to provide for the long-term well being of the Haida people.
- Fair and transparent treatment of human resources.
- Respecting the Haida Nation’s right to determine the use and management of Haida territories.
- Application of integrity, responsibility, prudence, and accountability to the use of funds and resources.
- Corporate operations are based within integrity, honesty, accountability, and openness.
- Respecting and upholding the Haida Nation’s governance legislation, policies and decision-making.
- Appreciation for contributions made by others, which have established HaiCo through business partnerships and agreements.