Fishmonger both personally and professionally.
SHAWN BAYBUTT, GENERAL MANAGER
We are currently in the process of “waking” up the plant for the 2015/16 operating season. Will be having community appreciation day (plant tours, logo unveiling, product sampling) in 3rd or 4th week of April (date will be firmed up soon).
MEETING STRATEGIC GOALS
Goal 1 | Employment
Goal 2 | Environment
- Hiring for the 2015/16 season will commence in the first week of April
- Haida employee promoted to primary production floor manager
- Working in conjunction with CHN Fisheries to implement the pilot program
Goal 3 | PROFITABILITY
- Developing new Razor Clam markets based on the Joint Razor Clam Management Plan
Goal 4 | ENTERPRISE
- Secured sales and distribution for the Okanagan region in conjunction with the Kamloops Shuswap Band
- Product well received with higher end clientele although challenges exist with developing high volume sales
- Will be purchasing higher volumes of fish from Haida fisherman who have been allocated PICFI and ATF quota
- Value added Razor Clam production that will in turn lead to a higher price paid to harvesters
An exciting new season is soon to begin with increased production and employment.